Mini Implants Flushing and Kew Garden Hills, NY
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Providing Queens NY the revolutionary benefits of mini dental implants
At Zev Walter Maybruch, D.D.S., our focus is on providing Queens and Flushing, NY with the revolutionary benefits of mini dental implant dentistry. This unique approach to modern dentistry offers new opportunities for individuals who have lost one or more teeth. Even for those who have lost all of their teeth, mini implants offer a second chance at teeth that look, feel, and function more like the teeth they were born with!
MORE ON MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS
If you’re missing a tooth or a few teeth, you can replace them with full-sized dental implants. And you can use implants to permanently anchor bridges or dentures. The entire process will take anywhere from five to seven months, and there will be some painful recovery periods associated with your gums healing at a couple points in the process. Plus, you’ll need to have at least three different appointments to complete the installation.
Or you could have Dr. Maybruch install mini dental implants in a single appointment, and your recovery can usually be handled with a few hours of over-the-counter pain medication. Plus, you can use your new implant-supported teeth or appliance that same day! Visit our office in the Queens and Flushing, NY area for more info!
Such are the revolutionary improvements made with mini dental implants. These implants function in the same way as full-sized implants, but are half the size and their installation is much easier. Dr. Maybruch uses mini implants as his preferred solution to a missing tooth or teeth, or as anchors for prosthetic appliances.
What are mini dental implants?
Mini dental implants have the same structure as regular implants, but they are smaller, usually one half the size. Mini implants consist of only two parts instead of three for a traditional implant. In a mini implant, the titanium post has a ball on the end. The retaining fixture has a socket that contains an O-ring. This fixture makes up the bottom of the crown (false tooth) or is incorporated into the denture/bridge. The socket then snaps onto the ball of the mini implant post. When seated the false tooth or denture gently rests on the gum tissue.
Mini implants can replace one or more missing teeth, or can even replace a full arch of missing teeth in just a single visit. Mini implants are very effective anchors for fixed crowns and bridgework.
How are Dental Implants placed?
Placing mini implants is quite different than traditional implants. Dr. Maybruch can place and load mini implants in one day, compared with months and multiple steps required for traditional full-size implants.
Dr. Maybruch first marks the proper locations for the implants and then uses a pilot drill to create a small hole in the tissue that extends down into the jawbone. The hole usually is drilled to about one third the length of the implant portion that will be in the bone. He then inserts the implant into the pilot hole, screwing it down with a driver. As the mini implant is threaded into the hole in this process, it also progressively expands the bone so that the two components are fused together tightly. Now the crown or bridge is snapped onto the titanium post and the procedure is finished.
This simple procedure is a stark contrast to that required for a traditional implant, which involves cutting a flap in the gum tissue, drilling a relatively large hole, inserting the large titanium implant, and then waiting months for the implant to fuse with the bone and for the gums to fully heal. A second procedure after the post is attached to the implant requires another period for the gums to heal a second time. Then the third office visit involves attaching the crown to the implant.
What are the advantages of mini dental implants?
- Half the size — Mini implants are about half the size of traditional implants, so they don’t require the same amount of bone structure to be adequately anchored. With less bone needed, the costly, painful, time-consuming bone grafts that can be needed to place a full-sized implant are not usually needed with mini implants.
- Less healing time and fewer office visits — Because mini implants can be placed in one visit, and since their placement is made through just a small pilot hole, healing time and discomfort are almost non-existent when compared with full-sized implants.
- Immediate results — Dr. Maybruch places mini implants in a single appointment, usually lasting just a couple of hours. The false tooth, denture, or bridge can then be attached immediately. Most patients can use the teeth that same day.
- Half the cost — Usually mini implants are less than half the cost of traditional implants.
- The strength of titanium — Mini implants are made of titanium, just like regular implants, so they won’t decay. And the body does not reject them.
- Provides the same energy to your jawbone — Mini implants, because they are fused into the jawbone, behave just like natural teeth transferring bite force energy down into the jawbone. This energy is how natural teeth trigger the jawbone to continually produce the new bone mass required for healthy jawbone structure. Implants, both mini and regular, perform the same function so they keep your jawbone from deteriorating.
How do I care for my Dental implants?
Mini implants function just like your natural teeth, and their care is the same, as well. Just normal daily brushing and flossing are all that they require.
To get Dental Implants in Queens NY, call us at (718) 263-8300 today!